Thursday, May 12, 2011

Monster Energy Can Earrings

a catheter in Constantinople (Istanbul , day 3)



As I feared, the light woke me up at six thirty and I could not sleep much. At eight-thirty I got up. Cagri Nuvara and had gone to work, so I had the house to myself. What a view you have! I sat down to enjoy it for a while. To the right of the window is a flowering almond. I saw boats pass up to the Black Sea and down into the Marmara, and a suspicious clouds threatening downloaded at any time.
After breakfast I went in the direction of the European area. I took a bus and then a boat. Here you pay the bus as in Greece, with a ticket purchased in advance at a kiosk or with a travel voucher. I was the same as in Athens because Cagri lent me his bonus to move Istanbul today. The ship
sat next to me a fat blonde who took out the phone and began talking loudly. The hundred-odd passengers went silent or talking softly. The only sound was the other way. People could look to see who was that crazy. By the way took the opportunity to look at the foreigner who was sitting next to the crazy. The word "foreigner" have not invented modernillos English, is a Turkish word that means: foreigner.
midway stood up and said something in Turkish. I replied: "English", so he turned to the man who was the other side and gave him a black knapsack he was carrying, then disappearing. The haversack was seated between Mr. and myself. Of the fat, or trace. Is it a bomb? Because the fat did not appear and we were docking at Eminonu. For showed signs of life so the fat and took his knapsack when we were disembarking. I have not heard any fat that has exploded in Istanbul.
The Bosphorus was pretty upset today. Strong winds and the current was very strong. If you fall into the water off you go dismissing it just appeared in Bandirma. You could see the boats going up to the Black Sea did so with great effort against the current.
I took the tram to the Topkapi Palace and went to visit him. Rather than a single building, are a series of pavilions. Are reminiscent of when the Ottomans were nomadic because it resembles a camp full of different shops. In a pavilion guarded the sultan's turban, in other books, other kids circumcised, in another receiving visitors, etc, etc. Speaking of circumcision, yesterday we came across a kid dressed in white lace. Nuvara told me it was the ceremonial dress to get circumcisions. "I do not know if coming or going to the ceremony," he said. Noting the strange way of walking of the subject I knew was coming.
In all the monuments there are hundreds of school and putting together hampering noise. Greet you by saying: "Hello." At first greeted me too. On the tenth "Hello" I decided to start ignoring them completely.
Upon entering the gardens I met a group of five Orthodox Jews leaving to visit the palace. They had three bodyguards.
There were many tourists from Muslim countries. In Topkapi saved a few relics of Islam, so it has become a place of pilgrimage for Muslims. Brought them when they invaded Arabia and Egypt. There is a monk chanting Koranic texts continuously in the pavilion where they have exposed.
I ate a sandwich in the cafeteria of the palace because I still had to see the harem, who told me my friend Marisol who was the best part of the palace, and he was right. Siberian cold was in the area. Thus there was a huge fireplaces in the rooms. Almost all the walls are decorated with tiles in shades blue, from Iznik.
After the visit, I went walking to Eminonu, across the Galata Bridge and took the funicular up to the pedestrian subway where we were yesterday. I was browsing through the shops but did not see anything interesting. It's like the main street of any city, Berska, Gap, Body Shop and McDonalds. Zara did not see anywhere, but somewhere it should be. I went to the Taksim square and went to see the monument to Atatürk. This gentleman, who real name was Mustafa Kemal, the father of the nation. If you walk into a Turkish ship, a Turkish official building or in a Turkish bath, you'll find a picture of Atatürk. The bathroom is an exaggeration. I do not come saying that nobody was in Turkey and saw no portrait of Atatürk in the bathroom.
Tired of walking, I sat in a coffee shop until I got a message that the group WISTA Greece was already in Istanbul. Tomorrow begins the 3 rd Annual Meeting of Mediterranean WISTA. The first was held in Tuscany and the second last year in Madrid. Last year I told you not because of what you would have in Madrid. Moreover, already had enough of being part of the organization and beyond to find time to tell.
I went to the hotel where we will host them all, ten feet square, and I found part of the Turkish delegation, the Greek, two Dutch and one Nigerian. There are three English and in Istanbul. We salute you, but then went on their own because they had been to dine with Turkish customers. The Dutch and Nigerian non-course Mediterranean countries but is that Turkey extended an invitation to everyone and they have signed. It has also been a Swede to tell us how are the preparations for the annual conference to be held in Stockholm in September.
The Dutch gift brought me a rug for computer mouse that mimics the Delft pottery. They say he could not resist the temptation when were at the airport, knowing that I am a geek computers.
I have a huge concern since I came to Turkey. Each time I have to go to the bathroom pass a moment of anguish. The toilets here are infernal machines. Pitorrito have a suspect, highly suspect. What time will fly off a jet of water from the pitorrito? How is triggered? Will you give me in the face when pulling the tank? I've been asking me these questions since Tuesday. By going to greet the Greek, I went to the rooms of the hotel and we were playing with the controls of the toilet to learn how to use the device. I have already been more peaceful. We had dinner
two Turkish, six Greek and me. I keep eating things I can not describe. In restaurants the waiter comes to the table with a tray of small containers and choose what you want to eat. Then ask for the main course. Pictured are some of those things.
A Nuvara half past eleven and I went to home. It was raining.
Tomorrow we move to the hotel because it is much more comfortable and we are with all the others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment