Monday, January 24, 2011

Red Skin Spot On Breast

a catheter in the Perfidious Albion (London, day 5)

Yesterday, before turning off the light to sleep, I opened the drawer of the bedside table, out of curiosity. You never know what is going to find in a drawer unknown. There was a Bible. On the other hotel there was no Bible in the drawer. Not that I go to sit and read, but it does have some security a Bible in the drawer.

woke about seven-thirty, but I stayed until eight watching TV. The BBC's morning show is very entertaining. I went down to breakfast. I refrained from eating hot dogs, beans with tomatoes or mushrooms. I focused on softer things not to tempt the devil. This time my stomach is acting like a champion. Cherry Coke is creating a protective layer on the stomach lining that prevents any discomfort.

At half past nine I took the subway towards Oxford Street. From that hour is cheaper. I can say that I went into each and every one of the shops on the street, except Zara, Stradivarius and Massimo Dutti. Also, I can confirm that the sales, leaving only the poster of four unusable or too expensive cloths and the two things I bought, which are by no means useless and were inexpensive.

met a clerk of Cordoba. Take one and a half living here and says it is unable to control the English, that "x" the "s" will be impossible to pronounce. He had a very strong accent, the kind of "sai" instead of "six."

After visiting the street up and down both sidewalks, I sat in a pub to eat a delicious tomato basil soup and a piece of apple pie with custard.

The ladies room was occupied, literally occupied by a large black lady who apparently was responsible for the cleaning. We had to make a superhuman effort to avoid physical contact with her.

After these restorative food, I went into Regent Street, where the first thing I did was go into the Apple Store to play with the iPad. I do not need an iPad iPad not need a I do not need an IPAD, do not need a iPad iPad not need a I do not need an iPad. Were giving a course of treatment program management photo Aperture 3. I sat for a while and learned a few things I did not know. I do not need an iPad iPad not need a I do not need an IPAD, do not need a iPad iPad not need a I do not need an iPad. I tried headphones 300 pounds that proved its value in spades. IPod was plugged into a pear. I still need an iPad, I still need an iPad, I still need an iPad, I still need an iPad, I still need an iPad, I still need an iPad.

Then I went to Liberty, a Tudor-style building that contains the store famous for its floral fabrics. They sell many things, but his paintings of flowers are the brand of the house. There were hundreds of rolls of fabric with different designs. elevator, lined with carved wood, it must be like a box of dead faces. At least that is the feeling I had.

I went into the store to find one of the orders I have made for this trip. It clear that I do not care at all to find what you're asking me is that you ask some very strange things. Among the best, so far, an edition of "The Prince" in Gaelic, which I bought in Ireland last year, and I had to buy Liberty: a shower cap decorated with a floral prints of the shop. I also had to go into HMV (his master's voice) to find an album, "Music for the Duke of Lerma." The head of the classical music section looked at me freaked when hearing the title. I searched the computer and there, but has been discontinued. Sorry, Ana I were you dropped me on the Internet. There may be a crime if you tried to buy it and no way.

Today I learned a new word in English. I went into a shoe store. When I wanted to try on a shoe, I ordered a ... ... a .... A ... .. How do you say shoe in English? Shoehorn.

I was in Hamley's, the toy several stories where you get a man with top hat, an individual dressed in Alice in Wonderland or something, and a giant yellow wig brandishing two guns firing plastic bubbles. When you exit the escalator on the second floor, a magician pulled out from behind my ear a red ball. A clown tried to tease a little girl. A clerk was a remote controlled car shows spectacular. In the penultimate floor, the section of Harry Potter. A glass case containing the broom. Another display case containing the wands of all the characters in the books. All complete with a sheet labeled with the name of the owner. A replica of Dobby the watched carefully.

At Piccadilly Circus I took the subway to Victoria to find a store that did not sell what you were looking for, so I decided to return to the hotel to rest a while. After eating the temperature fell sharply. On leaving Lancaster Gate underground street was wet. It had rained.

At half past seven turned out. I took the subway bound for the Tower of London. At 21:25 hrs was cited at the west gate to witness the Ceremony of the Keys. If you arrive a minute late and do not let you go. I was in time to see exactly where it went. My intention was to take a look, find a place for dinner and return at the appointed time.

On the subway I observed the public. Funny how the subway. See people of all countries of the world and different colors. On the subway people do everything. Many are read, eat or dine while others go back and forth. Sounds like a mess, with the shit that is caught in the subway. Some people go to something super exciting playing on your iPhone. The excitement makes them tap the screen in such a way that will break any day. There are those who sell paintings. Some people will sleep, who will praying, who laughs alone. Yesterday there was one that even said aloud: "Bloody Tourists" (Damn tourists!) And won the glare of a dozen tourists, myself included.

We were at the Ceremony of the Keys. I got about eight and a quarter and then found the right place. I asked the police guarding the gate to be sure. controlled the situation, I started looking for a place to dine. Impossible mission. All fast food places were closed and bolted, bypassing the time of the tumult of tourists. Choosing a restaurant in nearby St. Katherine's Docks would have meant late for the ceremony. Sit still would have ended with my death by freezing. I decided to walk. I walked up to Tower Bridge. Just before reaching the middle of the bridge you can stop to observe the hearing. Docked within walking distance was the HMS Belfast battleship World War 2. On the left, the glass building of the Government of London. After a while there, taking a cold death, I went to the Tower of London to expect them to be the 21:25 hours exactly. I sat on a concrete block that serves bank or ice cube, depending on time of year. They arrived the other 14 people invited to the ceremony. Entries are requested by mail for months de antelación. Te las envían con tu nombre impreso. Tengo que agradecer a María Dixon que se encargara de conseguírmela.

Llegada la hora exacta, uno de los guardianes de la Torre, que se llaman Beefeaters

como el whisky, aunque es el whisky el que se llama como los Beefeaters, vino a buscarnos a la reja llamándonos uno a uno por el nombre. El tío, muy serio, nos fue llevando por el interior de la Torre explicándonos detalles de la misma. Poco a poco su seriedad se convirtió en buen humor y acabamos riéndonos con él.

The ceremony is to close the doors of the Tower just as it has done over the last 700 years, without missing a day. Involving two Beefeaters and a group of soldiers from those that carry high cap of black hair. It turns out that hair bonnet are not merely decorative tin soldiers. Tonight's just returned from Afghanistan. As soon as the ceremony ended, they dress in camouflage and Tower patrol with machine guns. One of them, hearing the Beefeaters reach, which makes noise when stepping on the cobblestone floor as though they tap shoes, draws his gun and establishing a dialogue between him and a Beefeater:

- "Who's there?"

- "Keys"

- "What keys?"

- "The keys to the Reina Isabel "

-" That pass the keys to the Queen Elizabeth. All is well. "

climb a ladder from the top of the same soldier plays the trumpet. Exactly at that time begin to sound the ten bells in the clock tower. The trumpeter was of being so numb with cold as us because they came out very refined melody. There the story ended. The Beefeater accompanied us to the exit door telling stories of life in the Tower. Beefeaters thirties living there with their families. From twelve o'clock is strictly forbidden to enter or exit. Means that the teenage son of Beefeater has a very limited social life.

At ten o'clock and ten were out of there. On the subway was going into heat after being outdoors for two degrees of temperature for over an hour. Luckily I came to take my hat Andean protect the ears. But it was worth enduring the cold to witness something so unique.

The junk shop there at the subway exit I solved the problem of dinner.

of pneumonia, however, no one saves me.

Goodnight.










0 comments:

Post a Comment