Friday, January 21, 2011

Accompaniments To Salmon

a catheter in the Perfidious Albion (London, day 2)

woke at five, woke up at quarter to six, woke up at seven and I got tired of waking up. A quarter past eight I met in the lobby of the hotel with Kathy, a member of American WISTA executive committee. We decided to walk to the place where today and tomorrow in meetings. It was a beautiful day, with a cool refreshing, so refreshing that when crossing Westminster Bridge thighs began to itch. I think they are the first symptoms that you feel when you're going to freeze to death.
Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were lit by the sun, producing reflections on all the windows and gilded clock tower. Beautiful. It took half an hour to get to Piccadilly, up Whitehall, Pall Mall and Regent Street. We prefer not to go through St. James Park for fear of getting lost in any of the trails. The Victorian-style building where we meet Egyptian called House. We have provided the headquarters of the Arab Academy for Science and Technology. The entire floor is carpeted and the walls covered with wood, even the elevator. Before entering realized a good breakfast at Patisserie Valerie, a few yards away. I brushed two to three toast poached eggs and a cup of chocolate. After the walk was willing to eat a cow. Somewhere along the way I lost my ears from freezing. Regrow quickly after the cup of chocolate.
At half past nine began the meeting. Of the seven executive committee members we could only come five: I (the donkey in front), one American, one of Singapore Denmark WISTA one who lives in Sweden but was born in Persia, and our president who is Greek. We welcomed the UK WISTA president, Mary Dixon. We were together all morning, until one and a half.

For the front window had seen that blue sky that rarely can be enjoyed here in winter. I wanted to run out and throw me in a park. He soon thought better of thinking about the Siberian cold, so I continued to sit with a poker face, as if all that was talking was as important to the whole world. Secretary of WISTA
UK joined us for lunch. We were in a very nice restaurant called Fish Works. And we eat fish, of course. I felt sorry for asking for what you ask in Spain, so I threw the fish and chips (battered fish and chips). I hit squarely. The cod was delicious and very fresh. The ration was so huge that I could not eat anything else. We returned to the Egyptian
House. We spent the afternoon together. Having eaten so much was a bit soporific.
The plate of cookies that spent the day in the middle of the table had been upset since early. Specifically a cookie shaped English cemetery headstone.
Who can happen and design a cookie? To leave at five there was the cookie. Tomorrow, if I throw enough courage, I eat. Deputy
picture taken today during the meeting.
Three of us have to walk briskly. It was already dark and cold was terrifying. Like yesterday, many people in the street coming home after the workday. We walked down St. James Street, full of posh gourmet shops. Hat shops, cigars, wines, hand-made shoes.
arrived to the hotel in half an hour and we met for dinner at eight.
I went to the room, I wrote a while and I looked out the window ... .. no, no window. I went to the glass wall, I peered into the glass, I looked ... ... whatever. In the street, right, is an office building made of glass, with steel beams. It's like watching 13 Rue of Barnacle but without the culvert at the door or the grocery store bass. All lights are on and looks great inside. Being Friday and a quarter to seven, and there was not a soul inside. Yesterday there were people working themselves. I do not understand why leaving the lights on.
turned on the TV. They were putting "Coronation Street", this series takes on screen since 1960 and you can miss a whole year and not lose the thread of the plot.
At eight we met four and went to dinner at an Italian hotel within walking distance. Siberia is the tropics compared to this. We ate quite well and we talked until ten-fifteen. My Coca Cola came served in a glass of Coca Cola that I have in my collection. I did not dare handle. Here do not go around with nonsense. The member WISTA
Denmark who lives in Sweden but was born in Persia was telling us that live next to a forest. In winter, when heavy snow, the deer have nothing to eat, so she and her husband left their food in the kitchen window. Every morning more animals come to dinner. I love bananas.
We returned in haste to the hotel. I'm going to bed now because I'm dead body and must be up early tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment