Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wood Saddle Racks Plans

a catheter in Athens (Day 6)


Seven-fifteen in the morning. Woke after sleeping only three hours. I got up, completed my luggage and went downstairs for breakfast. The only WISTA members present were in a sorry state bodies.
At half past nine we are Mercedes, Sara and Alicia and me in the hall. We took the shuttle to the hotel has to take guests to Athens. The driver was very friendly and we left the hotel I have booked for the rest of my stay in Greece. We leave all bags at reception and went for a walk. Just outside the hotel, we find a move. Boarded the van at the time a white teddy lined refrigerator. Just like that.
rained four drops and four fell precisely in the crystals my glasses. Then the sun came out and started to get hot. We were wandering through Plaka, an area full of souvenir shops, jewelry, jewelry and handbags counterfeit trademark. In one of those stores we see Hermes handbags and Louis Vouitton. The cashier behind the counter was lying on a chair, barefoot, feet up on the desk, talking on the phone and start grapes at the same time. Those who did not like were thrown into a trash basket making. Enter
stores Plaka is like shopping in Cuenca. Everyone speaks English.
At two in the afternoon, Mercedes, Alicia and Sarah picked up their luggage at my hotel and drove to the airport for the flight of 16:50 to Madrid.
I, for my part, I took up my hotel room, I put on my pajamas and proceeded to release the bed.
The hotel, located on Syngrou Avenue, is within walking distance of the New Acropolis Museum. Is a newly renovated small building on the corner and is quite funny. To access the reception desk you have to go through several flights of stairs dragging the suitcase. In one of those sections already inhabited. There is a lounge like your house but elegant. The receptionist is sitting there watching TV and gets up when you go to the guests. It also leaves you off at the door when you go for a walk. Once the elevator to access the second floor you should press on 1. It has free wifi, but the service is intermittent.
At half past three went in the direction of the Acropolis. I can not imagine what it must be up there in August. Today was hot, but bearable. Within the city you can visit the theater of Dionysus and the Herod Atticus, located at the foot of the hill on the south side. Indeed, in the theater of Dionysus I found a turtle the size of my feet walking calmly. Walking up several ramps in full sun and dusty, just reaching the top of the hill and agree to the Acropolis through the Propylaea, which are the doors access to be built in four-plus BC. And there at last, you find the Parthenon. Simply awesome. I took several pictures and I walked around, visiting also the Porch of the Maidens, those columns that are shaped like women. I spent an hour up there. Then I went down the west side and visited the Agora, which was the political heart in 600 BC left still on a building called the Stoa of Attalos, a rectangular building completely restored and contains a museum with the area, and HefesteĆ³n temple in far better condition than the Parthenon. Thence
scandal sounded pretty close, like passing people pretty well. According to my travel had to be Monastiraki, which was the heart of the Ottoman Athens. I left the monumental area and walked around the area. It was five in the afternoon and had a lot of people dining on the terraces. Another souvenir shopping was also very busy. A little later I found Ermou Street, which is the street that is in all places where you find Zara, Sprit, Body Shop and Marks & Spencer. At the end of it is Syntagma Square, which I will visit tomorrow to see the changing of the guard of those men who walk in a skirt and pom-poms on the shoes. In Syntagma Square ate something and walked back to the hotel. A six-thirty and I was back and since then lying in bed doing nothing in particular.

Greece is a mess. They are people of manners relaxed.
national police power is in pairs. When I say to couples is to go two on a motorcycle. One leads and the other is a package. Apart from them, no one in Athens has helmet on a motorcycle.
cats are everywhere. Last night, before leaving for the gala dinner, we saw how two chased each other in the gardens of the hotel, mewing and ripped. Dogs are also abundant.

I'm about to mourn for the emotion. I finally go to bed at ten average.

Important notice for the two individuals who have sat beside me during conferences these days: What is the last time you put the dedazo on my computer screen. Is full of marks and no one can enter here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment