Monday, October 4, 2010

Witch Blackbird Pond Movie Part 1

a catheter in Athens (Day 8)


Seven-twenty in the morning. I woke up in relatively good condition. At nine o'clock I went out. Super temperature. I walked to the Olympic Stadium, a huge marble structure that occupies the spot where the original was built around 300 BC Nearby is the presidential palace formerly occupied by the royal family. Is monitored by the lords of the skirt and pompoms. I took a picture with one of them. All around are a class residential area with gardens and low rise buildings. From there I went to Syntagma Square. Parliament on the side I found myself faced with the lords of the skirt and pompoms that came marching down the sidewalk after making the change of guard. Iban way of the barracks, which is a few yards away. There was also a group of riot police with plastic shields. Is that in Syntagma Square is manifested throughout the world that have something to show. Continue walking
Eleftherios Venizelou Avenue through the shopping area and later the impressive marble buildings of the Academy, the University and the National Library. I found a huge marble Catholic Church, San Dionisio. I went to see her. For a Catholic church with these Greeks, we must take a look. Very nice. Huge columns of green marble in the interior.
After an hour of walking I arrived at the National Archaeological Museum, Avenida 28 October. Locked in tight for being Monday. Opened at half past one o'clock. It was eleven. I wanted to kill a Greek named Anna-Maria, who is reading me, I know that me is reading. I sat on the steps to recover a bit and I retraced my steps. In Eleftherios Venizelou Avenue went into a bookstore and asked the clerk if he had books in English. I looked like an idiot, he bit his tongue, I looked back and said, "is on shelves and in the tables." Is that the entire library was English books. Not found what I wanted, so I went in another a little later. I bought "Eat, Pray, Love", following the recommendation received from Patricia A. I went up to the sixth floor, where they had a great coffee shop with couches and free wifi. I took a Coke and I spent a while browsing the Internet from the iPhone. Greek Coke tastes different, sweeter. No makes me laugh.
Each time you sit at a café, a waiter appears with a glass of ice water. Although they feel fifteen, fifteen glasses of water appear on the table. I consider it an error because the client uses less. Yesterday, for example, for dinner did not ask for anything. I dragged the glass of water.
I discovered the existence of another new muscle. Must be some muscles that are used only in Athens. Everything is uphill and downhill, but not very steep in the center, except the climb to the Acropolis, which is lethal. The new muscle is located right at the junction between the ankle and foot ahead. I have some soreness fatal. Every time I see a hill under the stars.
Upon leaving the library I felt hungry, so I went to Syntagma Square for a bite. Then I visited the Museum of Cycladic Art, back in Parliament. Cycladic art was developed in the Cyclades islands between 3000 and 2000 BC I love it, because they are simple shapes.
From there I went down Ermou street and turned left looking for the cathedral. Scaffolding on the outside and inside. What a day that I have! We could just see the building. Only a small part near the front door was open to the public, with some icons on the walls lollipops.
I went to Plaka, where are the shops of souvenirs and gifts that we visited on Saturday morning. I bought a couple of gifts that I will not detail so as not to reveal the surprise.
In tourist areas there is every hundred yards Pakistani squatting with a small wooden board in front. On hand is a ball that throws in anger against table. The ball becomes a tortilla and then go slowly regaining his form of ball. Mercedes bought several for her four children on Saturday. Because Mercedes has four children and still gives time for everything.
absolutely unable to go a step further, I returned to hotel to rest a while.
were putting on TV "Chocolat." Specifically the scene where they are eating a chicken with chocolate sauce. At least I have chocolate in my suitcase, because I was bad just to see him.
At seven I picked up Anna-Maria in the car and went to look for Vivi and Berit, a Swede who returned this afternoon after spending a couple of days on an island. Is coloradĂ­sima so much sun you have taken.
We went to dinner at the top floor of St. George Lycabettus Hotel, located half way to the top of Lycabettus Hill. Again spectacular view of Athens with the Acropolis in the background. We are dedicated to scare the Swede, who heads the organizing committee of the Conference next year WISTA. At eleven thirty I left back at the hotel I go to bed NOW.

I'm seriously considering to stay here six months, changing my name by Konsueliki and write a book. This goes a long way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment