Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Highlights For Darkhair

a catheter in Athens (Day 9)


Eight in the morning. My God! I fell asleep. Am I sick?
Yesterday at dinner I asked why there are no elders in the streets of Athens. They replied that they had removed all of the outstanding during the days of the Conference of WISTA. I have reached a different conclusion. They kill them at stoplights. If a young and fresh as I have to run to reach the other end of the street, surely an old man with a cane Happen above.
Another issue we were trying was which of the two European countries is less, if Greece or Spain. In May we had a small meeting in Madrid, meeting moved to this blog not for lack of time. The only flaw I managed to find is the lack of people who speak English. According to them, absolutely nobody is spoken in Spain. I had to defend the homeland honor to report that both my grandmother and I talked about it. With two should have more than enough, right? And why do the English Court is named, if any clerk speaks English? But nevertheless bought. I emptied every shoe shop in Madrid.
in something that does we win by a landslide is in the bathrooms. All are pristine. In many, instead of soap dispensers spit foam with a pleasant smell. For drying hands should be put through a sensor device. Immediately see a piece of napkin to be starting the unit. The sensor knows if you've started or not. I say this because I tried to do mischief to pass his hand over the sensor repeatedly to make him spit a lot of paper at once.
Every day I'm eating for breakfast crepes with chocolate, among other things. At the hotel in Vouliagmeni had a bowl of chocolate cream, big enough to bathe in it. In this hotel are already stuffed crêpes.
Today went a little later, at ten-fifteen. I set out to visit churches, because I have studied one by one all the stones of Athens. The first was The Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church. The bell tower is a separate building. The manager was telling me that the bell is too big for the church, so I built separately. The second was Panagia Gorgoepikoos. It is right next to the cathedral and is tiny, which is why they call it The Little Cathedral. Is so small that he had in a college class and the entire occupied. From there I went to Anafiotika, a neighborhood of small whitewashed houses whose first inhabitants were refugees from the Cyclades. At the door I sat down to a rest. It smelled of orange blossoms beautifully. Today school was everywhere. Do not have to study? At the Museum of Musical Instruments were putting a considerable scandal. Played bells, cowbells, screaming. After a while the area was empty of children and sat on a bench opposite the Tower of Winds in Roman Agora, to enjoy the view. The silence was absolute. I recently took the peace because the sun was so strong that he could not take much time there. When he left the place looked to the Acropolis. The Acropolis is visible from almost anywhere in Athens. Discovered in the north a small lift attached to the rock. I retract of my words. The lame can climb to visit the Parthenon. A little later I saw a concentration of Orthodox priests. I approached them. Smelled musty. No wonder. These black dress from neck to toe, this black hat on his head and beard with such heat that must be unbearable. Who was the smart one who invented Orthodox priest's uniform?
Go where you go these days, I always end up going down the street Adrianou. Plaka is the street that contains a store for each portal. Jewelry, shoes, souvenirs, bags. Shopkeepers greet me and watch me pass: Kalimera Konsueliki, good morning. At the beginning of the street went into another church XI century Byzantine. There was a silver urn to the public. I looked inside and saw a richly decorated silver ball. A small little door gave access to the interior of the ball. The inside still a human skull, I gather. Came a young man approached, put his lips to the little door and kissed the piece of bone was visible. What have these to kiss mania right and left!
ate the side of the New Acropolis Museum and went to the hotel to rest a while.
At five I was with Anna-Maria, but appeared at a quarter to six because of traffic, or so she says. We visited the New Acropolis Museum, a modern building concrete and glass, a few meters from the Acropolis and next to the English Embassy. We were there over two hours, seeing all the rocks that I had seen and the few remains of the frieze was not Elgin sausage for London. There are also real caryatids, but lack one which, of course, is in the British Museum. Have left the space empty if returned. Dreamer!
This morning I saw a motorcycle with two hands like four. In the left had a cup of coffee from these that have become fashionable Americans, with plastic lid. While holding the handlebars. In his right hand holding a lit cigarette and the other part of the handlebar. Of course, I was driving. Olé, what art!
At eight o'clock the museum almost closed us inside. We went by car to Glyfada, where we met for dinner Danae souvlaki. Souvlaki is as kebab but in Greek. And I have to confess that is richer. I loved it. From there we went to the Marriott hotel. We climbed to the top floor for a drink there and enjoy the views of the Acropolis. I think I've seen the Acropolis from all angles and at all hours of day and night. It was a little cool, so I decided to go down the hall and take something there. At 0:30 I left the hotel and proceed to get into the envelope at this very moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment